Thought I’d do a bit of an inventory of all the online social media tools I use and the social networks I am in (vague order of signing up). I’ve also assessed how active I am as per how often I access the sites.
Which are you active in? What do you find the most valuable?
- MySpace (sporadic use)
- Facebook (daily)
- LinkedIn (around 4 times per week)
- WordPress (aiming for twice a week)
- Twitter (daily and frequently!)
- YouTube (weekly)
- Delicious (well, I started off a few times per week but I’ve been using the parkyoung account around 4-5 days per week)
- StumbleUpon (3-4 times per month)
- ShareThis (use it often to share other people’s content)
- Posterous (around 3 times per week)
- Digg (monthly)
- Tumblr (rarely)
- Wikipedia (monthly for work purposes)
- Dropbox (on a needs basis – so far once only but I like this tool for sharing large files)
- Evernote (fortnightly)
- Alltop (daily)
- FourSquare (daily)
- A Small World (3-4 times per week)
I have only joined most of these in the past six months. I am addicted to the sharing of content and the feeling of community and connectedness with the wide world. My latest social network addition, A Small World, looks to open up my experiences to a global network. Very exciting!